- SF Police Commissioner Julius Turman, lover and fighter
- Drive-by shooting in SF’s Mission leaves two in the hospital
- Donors to $100K (so far) anti-Mark Leno campaign won’t be revealed before election day
- Digging into the legislative record of SF’s mayoral candidates (Via SF Examiner)
- La Rondalla signs will remain and refurbished in place (updated and corrected)
Author Archives: Jeremy Rue
MissionLocal.org, a hyperlocal news site run by the UC Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism, has partnered with Stamen Design to display crime maps in the Mission District of San Francisco.
MissionLocal.org recently covered the Carnaval San Francisco parade that comes through the Mission District of San Francisco every year. It’s a big event for this community, and deservedly it required lots of coverage. I met with the MissionLocal staff before … Continue reading
MissionLocal.org launched a classified ads page this week which will feature merchandise and services targeted to viewers from the Mission District in San Francisco.
The UC Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism is seeking a product developer to implement a business model for three hyper-local online news sites the school has been operating for several years.
The local community websites we run at the UC Berkeley journalism school use a custom WordPress theme called CalPress. It was constructed by former UC Berkeley instructor Josh Williams, who is now a multimedia producer at the New York Times.